Wednesday 11 August 2010

Six Top Tips for Motivation- my favourites so far

Well you all know by now that I want to wing walk on my birthday and I agreed to get fit and give up smoking.  I can tell you it’s not easy but I have had some great feedback from some of the students and everyone here at Computeach (big thank you) and thought I would share my favourites so far.

1. Get a Buddy – someone who will work with you, share the experience and encourage you to keep going when it gets tough. My brother has been roped in for this one. If you’re a student the student forum is a great place to for you to do this. You can share, gain support and make friends.

2. Visualisation – close your eyes and imagine the end result – here I go - standing on top of a bi-plane and taking a dive – can’t wait.

3. Small Chunks – break your main goal down into small chunks of success.

4. Plan Ahead – plan what you are going to do and when. This is much easier to do once you have broken your main goal down into small chunks.

5. Time – plan your time and let people know what you are doing and why – it’s amazing at how supportive and encouraging everyone becomes.

6. Record Progress – keep a record of the progress you make and detail each success. I’m finding this is a great way to boost my confidence in my ability to stick with it when the going gets tough.

What do you think? Have you got any more?

No comments:

Post a Comment